Nov 19, 2018
pixolus is a startup with a background in science and engineering, and we develop computer vision technology for smartphones, tablets and glasses including the corresponding apps.
We are currently looking for a developer in the domain of web technologies and big data. Your task will be the design, implementation, and deployment of server backends, including interfaces to third-party services (typically REST APIs), but also work on web frontends. At present, we’ve got a number of applications in production, the largest of which has to handle 25 terabytes a day.
- Proficiency in web frameworks and larger installs, ideally Django / Python
- Experience in using dev ops tools like ansible, puppet, etc. and cloud deployments
- Solid knowledge about internet security (SSL/TLS, cryptography basics, …)
These skills are a plus:
- Scientific background in big data analysis, machine learning, or numerics
- Experience with Rich Internet Applications / AJAX
- Experience with stress testing
- Enthusiasm for design, usability, and accessibility
Who we are:
We’re a diverse team with currently 12 full time employees (8 of which are developers), some students and freelancers, from different countries, with 25% female employees, and an age range of early twenties up to mid fifties. Quality is our main concern – and we provide a working place that allows to build quality (we score quite okay on the Joel Test).
What we provide:
- Exciting tasks in a great team
- We’re located at the city center of Cologne (but in a surprisingly quite street), with lots of shops, food, and leisure around.
- modern, light, and calm offices with a well equipped kitchen and a newly fitted meeting room that we also use for taking lunch together. You’ll share a room with up to four persons
- You’ll be provided with an up-to-date laptop (typically a MacBook Pro), external display, smartphone, a height-adjustable desk – and whatever you need for productive work. – but if you prefer working from home office, this will be fine as well after a training period.
- We don’t provide a car parking, but instead you’ll get a ticket for the public transport – and we do provide a safe and dry place for your bike.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
How to Apply
Position fulfilled. Thanks for your interest.