Kimetrica is seeking to recruit a front-end developer with 3-5 years’ experience in REACT and REACTJS to work on mobile capable web applications. You are likely to be a technology enthusiast with a passion for improving user experience and you have a good eye for clean and attractive interface design. You are likely to want to apply your technical and design skills to social causes.
The applications include high-end interactive analytics, GIS and dashboard/visualization functionality. They serve humanitarian and international development communities, supporting decision-making on disaster management, project design and management and public policy. Current projects include tools for simulating the impacts of disasters and interventions, systems for monitoring evolving social and economic conditions in fragile states, and a significant web-based tool for geo-spatial analysis.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced front end developer to build user interfaces for Python/Django applications.
- Develop responsive front ends for web applications using Reactjs;
- Design highly attractive and intuitive user interfaces and liaise with in-house and external graphics and communications experts;
- Manage other front end developers, web designers and outsource contractors as required;
- Create GUI proposals and mock ups;
- With input from analysts and subject-matter experts, develop dashboards and data visualizations;
- Implement online mapping solutions using Google Earth, OpenLayers and similar;
- Work with Python developers to ensure seamless, fast and optimized integration and rapid troubleshooting;
- Optimize user experience and liaise with users groups and UX experts;
- Develop efficient and agile processes for interface design, development, testing and acceptance;
- Conduct research and ensure that we provide the best available front-end technology to our clients and advise Kimetrica on the tech stack.
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer in REACTJS, 3+ years
- Hands on experience with markup languages
- Strong experience of data visualization tools (ideally, D3)
- Experience with React and Bootstrap
- Experience with UX optimization and acceptance testing
- Familiarity with automated browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment) and agile development (we use Docker, GitLab and Redmine) and version control
- Strong design sense
- Strong self-motivation and initiative with an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent research, analytical and multitasking skills
- GIS experience with OpenLayers preferred
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Willingness to travel to Africa and Asia as required
- Flexible, our locations are in New York (Brooklyn area), Denver, Nairobi Kenya, and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Competitive salary Generous benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match, vacation, holiday and sick leave) Dynamic, innovative and highly committed work environment focused on making a positive impact.
Kimetrica is a social enterprise with a mission to increase the effectiveness of spending in the social sector. We provide software to support for evidence-based humanitarian decision-making and learning. We help governments and non-profit organisations increase the impact and efficiency of their social investments, enhance accountability, manage critical risks, and build donor or taxpayer confidence. To learn more about Kimetrica click the link below and you will be directed to our LinkedIn homepage: