Money Mover is a scale-up FinTech international payments and currency exchange service. Its target customers are small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) which are underserved by banks and other payments providers.
We are looking for a senior developer to work on in-house development of our web application. This role reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) who you will work with to shape our technology using your experience and hands-on ability. You will also be working closely with the CEO and Product Manager. The role is located in Cambridge, United Kingdom.
What will you be doing?
- Building out new features for our class-leading web application and integrating with third-party systems
- Maintaining and updating our web application
- Managing the hosting environment for our web application
- Contributing to the technical design of the web application
- A passion for writing clean, well-structured code
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Collaborative, proactive, and willing to get things done
- At least five years of experience building secure and scalable database-driven web applications
- At least three years of experience developing web applications with Python and Django
- In-depth knowledge of HTML 5 & CSS 3
- Comfortable with a Linux/Nginx/Python/PostgreSQL software stack (specifically, we’re using Python 3.6 running on Amazon Linux)
- Experience of cross browser compatibility and responsive design.
- Experience working with third party APIs
- Experience with Git version control (we use git-flow, but knowing that in advance isn’t critical)
- Experienced and comfortable with Linux systems administration & monitoring
- This is honestly a really great place to work
- Our software stack is modern and well-structured
- You’ll get exposure to all operations and technologies in FinTech and next gen financial services
- We try hard to create a fun, friendly and stimulating working atmosphere
- We offer a competitive salary and holiday package, and benefits including pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes
- You can work flexibly and from home for some of the time if you wish
- You’ll have plenty of opportunity to develop your career and responsibilities rapidly in a fast-growing business
Money Mover is an equal opportunities employer.
Recruitment agencies are requested not to contact us about this position.
Flexible work hours, Standup or Sitdown, MacBook, Casual dress, Paid vacation, Free drinks, Work from home, Extra Monitor