Senior Django Developer at Jakt
New York City,NY,United States
Jul 28, 2017
We’re looking for a Django developer to join our team!
At JAKT, we’re building a culture centered around making an impact on our partners and every project we work on. We believe that design is not enough. Code is not enough. You need a blend of both coupled with data and research. Ultimately, we’re obsessed with the user journey and use design and code to help our partners hit business objectives. All of our employees are encouraged to be open and share ideas. We expect people to truly think outside the box and disregard “what’s possible” to drive the next generation of digital experiences.
- A problem solver who thinks outside of the box
- Team player that is willing to jump in whenever needed and enjoys collaborating with other team members to solve problems.
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- In depth knowledge of Python
- 3-5 years of web development experience using Django
- Experience using Tornado, and integrating it into Django projects
- Able to concisely document all parts of a project
- Complete test coverage
- Comfortable working with UNIX environments
- Strong background in SQL, specifically Postgresql
- Caching, scaling and performance best practices
- Comfortable with Git
- Ability to pick up new libraries and technologies quickly
- Great problem solving and debugging skills
Bonus points for experience in the following:
- Web security best practices
- Deployment to both Heroku and AWS
- Working with and analyzing large quantities of data
- Experience with front end technologies such as React and Angular
- Working in an Agile environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay and benefits
- A fun, lively, friendly environment
- Access to the NYC startup, VC, and creative scene
- The opportunity to help built an amazing culture and company
We look forward to meeting you!
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: $80,000 - $120,000
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!