We are currently recruiting a full time, remote working, full-stack Python/Django web developer. Ideally you’ll have the ability to meet in London weekly.
We are a small, specialist agency providing digital design and build expertise directly to content marketers and via agencies as a white label service.
We’ve grown organically over the last 5 years, working with some great partners to build around a dozen high profile websites for our B2B and B2C clients.
We’re now looking for an experienced all-rounder to take responsibility for our development operations and move us on to the next level.
What you'll work on
As part of our next phase of growth we have a number of initiatives that will underpin our future success:
- Client projects – At any given time we’ve got 3-4 client projects under way. You’ll be responsible for creating and maintaining a library of reusable Django CMS plugins and transforming wireframes and designs into high quality, responsive HTML5/CSS3 sites
- Devops – Deploying, configuring and maintaining Linux servers and Django CMS sites and DBs. We have some comprehensive back office tools but time moves on and we need to ensure we keep pace with new technologies and opportunities.
- Data – Collection, manipulation and presentation. We have an exciting new product at the prototype stage, you’ll be responsible for successfully bringing it into production.
- Support – We pride ourselves on the quality of our service. We have our own take on the “agency model” and all our clients come to us via referral, often as a result of having worked with us before.
What we're looking for
A full stack developer to be the focal point for our technical infrastructure and delivery.
Working closely with the project manager, you’ll be comfortable building the back end environment through to troubleshooting sophisticated front end code. That will require you to be both “hands on” and work with our technical partners to provide the optimal solution for each project.
We are a small team but have plans to grow. This role has huge potential and we’re looking for someone keen to take on responsibility. There is great scope to influence the design and build and product development strategies going forward. Our future growth will be built around this role.
Our ethos is to do things properly, the first time. The majority of our projects use DjangoCMS and we’ve built a number of custom apps to extend the core functionality for different clients.
Although we’re a small team, we’ve all worked in corporate environments so our back office systems are enterprise class with Jira, GitHub and a custom built management system.
We don’t have permanent offices, preferring to work from shared workspaces and home. Ideally you’ll live within a reasonable commute to London to enable us to meet weekly but we’re open to more remote working for the right person. We have hubs in Scotland and the Midlands where our key partners are based.
Skills & requirements
Fluent in Python and Django (with 5+ years experience), the ideal candidate will be experienced deploying new servers and Django CMS, building custom plugins and working with multiple front end technologies to build semantic, SEO friendly, responsive websites.
Expert front end development
- Advanced knowledge of HTML5 , CSS3 , cross-browser development and responsive design
Expert back end development
- Advanced knowledge of Python3.4+ including object-oriented programing
- Advanced knowledge of Django 1.7+. Beyond models, views, URLs, and templates, you have written powerful middleware, context processors, template tags & filters
- Extensive Django Plugin development experience
Intermediate server administration
- Server backend management experience ( GNU/Linux , PostgreSQL , nginx , etc)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its services, such as, but not limited to EC2 .
- Experience creating and maintaining scalable web applications
- Experience with git and GitHub based source code management
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Eligible to work in the UK
Nice to have
- Experience with Photoshop
- Experience with Sketch
- PHP and WordPress knowledge
What you can expect from us
- A friendly working environment in a small (but growing) team
- Flexibility in working location and hours
- Equity opportunities for the right candidate