Dec 05, 2016
Uhura is looking for a talented and ambitious Python/Django Web-Developer
Uhura is a marketing and technology agency that creates digital applications, contents and campaigns which reach and involve people. We use our expertise to help our clients to exploit the opportunities that digital transformation provides in all areas of communication, marketing and internal organization.
We are delivering excellent, user-centric digital products in all areas of design, technology and content. And those are not just our words, but what the juries of national and international awards we have received say about us. Uhura is rapidly growing and searches for people who want to design the digital world with us: www.uhura.de
You will work on:
Conception, Building and Optimization
All our products are user centered and tailor-made. Together with the team you will work on complex web applications, marketing automation services, e-commerce applications, server- and database-architectures, intranet-solutions, microsites, campaign websites and many more.
Required skills and experiences
- Minimum of three years of proven experience developing websites and web applications
- Very good knowledge of Python programming language
- Professional experience with Django web framework and related technologies
- Knowledge of Web Standards, RESTful APIs, HTTP protocol, DNS etc.
- Experience using Linux OS (Ubuntu) and servers.
- Familiarity with maintaining web servers using nginx/apache, gunicorn/uwsgi and cloud
platforms like AWS, Heroku, Aldryn etc.
- Good understanding of software version control system, preferably Git
- Your quality of code is excellent
- Fluent English
Prefered, but not required
- Good understanding of content management systems, e-commerce systems,
responsive web, HTML5, SEO
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing
- Experience with performance tuning, caching and scaling websites
- Familiarity with other web platforms like PHP, NodeJS, WordPress, Typo3 etc.
Required soft skills:
- You have a passion for web-technologies and trends
- You are a thinker and builder
- You like to work in teams
- You like to do great stuff and push things to the limit
- You are able to work on various projects at the same time
Why to work at Uhura:
Uhura is derived from the Suhaeli word “Uhuruu”, which pretty much means “independence” or “freedom”. However, freedom also means to bear responsibility, not only for ourselves, but also for each other. This collaborative atmosphere allows us to achieve successes together as a team and also to celebrate it. We offer a beautiful office directly on the banks of the river Spree, in Berlin, training sessions, flexitime, an international team from 14 nations and occasional drinks after work and a motivating atmosphere. We love to design the company together and give people space to bring in their own ideas.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!