Remote Senior Django Engineer at Catchafire
New York City,NY,United States
Jan 27, 2016
Catchafire is looking for a passionate, highly skilled, senior python engineer, with a social conscience, to work on world-changing software. Lots of companies claim they are trying to change the world for the better. The difference is this: we mean it, and we're doing it.
Our engineers live in several countries around the world and we promote a remote-first work culture even for those of us who are local.
Engaging in all aspects of software development, including architecture, documentation, unit testing, and deployment using Python and the Django framework
Working with internal sales, community, operations, product team and executive staff to review and implement ideas
Website systems administration and optimization on Ubuntu servers
Providing leadership to and mentoring other technology team members
- 5+ years experience coding in Python
- 5+ years experience using the Django (or similar) web framework
- 5+ years SQL coding experience
- Experience scaling and administering full web application stacks
- Eagerness to learn and work at all levels of responsibility
- Working knowledge of source code control and unit testing
- Experience working in the social good sector
- Project leadership and management duties
- Experience scaling with MySQL and/or Django
- Experience using the Fabric for devops tasks
- Experience with Experience with nginx, gunicorn, caching systems
- If you're truly awesome, and have some characteristic that you believe will compensate for lacking one of the key skills, just explain it in your submission
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits
About the company
Catchafire matches professionals who want to give their skills to nonprofits and social enterprises that need their help. Catchafire pro bono professionals have donated many thousands of hours to provide over 20 million dollars in services to social good organizations. You'll help us continue to scale so that we can touch the lives of more and more talented professionals by enabling them to give to social good organizations in need.
Contact: Jared Nuzzolillo, Lead Software Engineer
E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!