Experienced Python And Django Engineer at Lyst
- uk django jobs london django jobs hire django developer london django python london
Jan 15, 2016
Lyst are hiring experienced python and django engineers to build well engineered, innovative and long lasting solutions for our millions of online shoppers.
We are building a platform that will change the way people shop for fashion forever. We believe that this will be achieved through our technology. We have developed an environment and culture that is all about writing great software using the best tools in the most efficient manner. Our team of 50 engineers and data scientists are pushing the boundary of how data and technology are used in the fashion and ecommerce space. You can find out more about the team and see some of our open source projects here: Developers.lyst.com
As a django and python engineer, you will join one of our web focused teams working on the shopping or discovery process. Working in a small, lean, full stack team closely with other engineers, product managers, designers and data scientists. You will be working on whole projects right from design through to shipping. You will enjoy collaborating with engineers and non technical teams, working on defining features and ensuring they are scaleable and delivered to project deadlines.
You will join a team that:
- Builds a web product used by hundreds of thousands users a day, predominantly in a Python based stack.
- Runs one of the most visited Django instances on the web, We use django-based microservices, with Django REST Framework and a recent move to Django 1.9.
- Deploys 10 times a day, makes nearly 20 thousands lines of changes a week and takes pride and ownership in what they create.
- Believes in working in a collaborative manner and that consistent improvement comes from sharing ideas.
- Tests things; whether it's your code or a new idea. We love testing.
- Actively contributes to the open source and tech community.
We believe that there is no silver bullet to fix the problems and challenges we face: instead we encourage consistent iteration to ensure we are always solving problems. Best Idea Wins.
WHAT WE USE
You will consider yourself an experienced engineer and have at least five years experience writing code in production. You will be passionate about great code, well built products and beautifully engineered solutions. You will be happy to work in a predominantly python based environment, enjoy testing and deploying your own code and be confident using tools like Docker and Git.
Ideally you will:
- Have experience working on scalable, high impact and high performing products.
- Have experience working in a technical leadership role and delivering projects from start to finish.
- Be confident working with changing requirements and ambiguity. We move fast, so change should be something you enjoy.
- Have a good understanding of data structures, algorithms, TDD and APIs with an interest in microservices. Bonus points for using Microservices in production.
- Love solving problems that keep you awake at night.
You will be challenged, supported and have the opportunity to learn a lot. You will work a fast paced, autonomous environment with like minded people who are passionate about what they do. Your willingness to learn and your ability to suggest improvements will allow you to grow as Lyst does and become a key member of our team.
We care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. Our workplace is dynamic, diverse and highly collaborative. We also have great things like;
- Twice monthly internal engineering meet up events
- Paid attendance at conferences
- A clothing allowance
- Internal training opportunities
- Desk beer Fridays
- A well stocked kitchen and fridge
- Things that keep you happy and healthy: Yoga in the office regularly, football teams, netball teams, board game nights and burger eating clubs.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: £65000 - £85000 | D.O.E
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!