New York City,NY,United States
Jan 08, 2016
The developer will collaborate with the systems architect to analyze business requirements, generate high-level system requirements, write application code, provide technical oversight and leadership for assigned systems development projects at Hachette Book Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Validate specifications from a technical perspective and participate in requirements analysis, development of timelines and project plans.
- Implement systems on time and according to specifications.
- Insure new and existing applications are developed according to department quality standards.
- Commit software code using GIT for peer review daily.
- Respond to support requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide support for after-hours incidents.
- The position may require evening and weekend work for production support activities.
- Researches, analyzes and identifies architecture and support issues associated with business information systems and web services development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience, with 7+ years of directly relevant experience required.
- Expert in web application development with a thorough understanding of web-related technologies and software development techniques.
- Expert programming experience with Python required.
- Experience developing ReST-based services/microservices utilizing JSON.
- Professional experience with SQL; working experience with Oracle/PL-SQL preferred.
- Linux/UNIX command-line experience required.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
How to Apply
Position is expired. Thanks for your interest.