We are looking for a talented and experienced Python/Django developer to join the our team.
If you have an obsession to push the limits of what’s possible on the web to the next level using state-of-the-art technologies we want to hear from you.
This is a great opportunity for someone with the right skillset and personality to join a fast-paced start-up environment and take significant responsibility from day one.
- Work with Product and management team to come up with roadmaps and execute them in time
- Develop and maintain microservices
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technologies to implement product features
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Work closely with the founders, UI/UX designers and other technical staff on product development
- Provide help in the recruitment, training, retention and organization of development staff
- Strong experience in web application development using Python, Django, Flask, SQLAlchemy, Celery, RabbitMQ
- Strong understanding of software development practices such as agile development, testing and version control (Git)
- Experience in database setup (PostgreSQL, PostGIS), ElasticSearch, query optimisation and caching
- Equally comfortable with ORMs and plain vanilla SQL
- Experience in deployment automation (one or more of Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience in cloud-based services such as AWS (EBS, EC2, CloudFront, S3), Heroku or DigitalOcean
- Passion for writing clean, modular, well-commented, readable and reusable code
- Ability to think out of the box with a can-do attitude to get things done efficiently
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate technical concepts in plain English
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math or other field with strong software programming curriculum
Nice to have:
- Web scraping and data analysis experience with Python tools (Scrapy, pandas, NumPy)
- Some experience in machine learning
- Contribution to open source projects