High profile project helping more than 15 million people in need each year. The project is based in Rome,Italy, however telecommuting is acceptable
- Excellent knowledge of Python 2.7. The Zen is in you.
- Experience of developing and deploying Django based web applications.
- Craftsmanship — experience with automated testing and test-driven development, experience using Scrum is a plus.
- Must be comfortable using GIT (understand git flow model, branching, merging, rebasing, resolving conflicts).
- Excellent coder — deliver solid features, that is a pleasure to code-review.
- Must understand relational databases. Experience working with Postgres or Oracle is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with code review (both code reviewing and receiving feedback).
- Basic knowledge of Linux/Unix operating system environments. System admin experience is a plus.
- Experience working with legacy system is a plus (make seams, cover with test, refactor)
We work in the humanitarian sector, providing food assistance to the world's hungry poor,
saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters.
After the emergency has passed we use food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives.