- python jobs uk uk python jobs cloud
Aug 04, 2014
Python Developer - Dell SecureWorks - Able to Work Remote
Dell SecureWorks is a market leader in information security services with more than 3,600 customers worldwide spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. Organizations of all sizes, across all industries rely on Dell SecureWorks to protect their assets, improve compliance and reduce costs. The combination of strong customer service, award-winning security technology and experienced security professionals makes Dell SecureWorks the premier provider of information security services for any organization. Positioned as a leader of the MSSP industry by several global industry analyst firms, Dell SecureWorks also has received SC Magazine’s “Best Managed Security Service” award and Frost & Sullivan’s North America Security Incident Mitigation and Response Customer Value Leadership Award, among others.
We are looking for a top-notch Software Development Staff Engineer to help us build innovative security products/services. We protect our customers by disrupting attacker tradecraft so we can deny them access to the networks we protect. This is a challenging and also very rewarding position where interesting projects in security are implemented in order to protect our clients. If you are clever, have the technical chops for it, and are interested in protecting the good guys by disrupting the bad guys, our team may be right for you.
Responsible for the design and development activities associated with software using a range of applicable technologies (e.g., programming languages, compilers, assemblers, debuggers, other tools) for products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs
Participates in product development in all stages including planning, design, development, testing, implementation and post deployment support
Manages or utilizes software that is built and implemented as a product, using best-in-class development process/lifecycle management
Drives idea generation for new software products, or for the next version of an existing product
Works with the team to develop, maintain, and communicate current development schedules, timelines and development status
Reviews requirements, specifications and designs to assure product quality; develops and implements plans and tests for product quality, scalability, performance assurance
As a managed security provider, Dell SecureWorks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Exceptional Python development skills;
- Experience with mission critical large scale systems, scaling and concurrency
- Experience evaluating and selecting third party tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an interest in working in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with one of the following Cassandra, Redis, Protocol Buffers, Google Test, libevent, Python, PyQt, Buildbot or similar technologies is required
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related disciplines or equivalent work experience required
- Experience working with Cloud development environment is a plus
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- London, England (Telecommute only in UK)
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!