Jul 30, 2014
HP TippingPoint DVLabs is seeking an experienced Python/Django developer to join our growing team of information security professionals on site in beautiful Austin, TX. Primary responsibilities include development of security intelligence platforms supporting our world class Intrusion Prevention Systems. Strong skills in Python / Django, DBA / SQL, Linux administration, advanced network configuration and scalable application architecture are required. A successful candidate will have either prior infosec experience or a strong passion for acquiring it. We actively support the development of our staff with leading edge training, conference attendence opportunities, and a pro-research environment. We are considering candidates at the intermediate to advanced level. HP is pleased to offer competive compensation and a wide range of employee benefits.
- Engaging in all aspects of software development, including architecture, documentation, unit-testing, deployment and support.
- Systems administration and optimization.
- Assisting the security research team with goals and development efforts.
- Actively furthering knowledge of information security through self-driven research and education.
- 4+ years experience using SQL
- 3+ years experience using Python
- 2+ years experience using the Django web framework
- Full-stack development skills.
- Working knowledge of source code control (Mercurial) and unit testing.
- Extensive experience with MySQL, Python, Django.
- Experience with performance optimization, concurrency, scaling, and event analytics (HA/LB, Celery, Redis, Splunk).
- Experience building and designing REST-based web services using JSON (Django Rest Framework).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present complex information to small-to-medium sized groups.
- A supportive, customer-focused, team-oriented outlook.
- Numpy, SciPy, Pandas
- ETL, Data Warehouse
- Canonicalization / Normalization
- Neo4j, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Storm
- Virtualization: OpenStack, VMWare, Virtualbox, Docker
- Provisioning: Vagrant, Chef, Puppet, JuJu
- Monitoring: Cacti, Nagios, Munin, NTOP, Splunk
- Load Balancing (HAProxy)
- Message Queues (RabbitMQ)
- MySQL: (Replication, Backup, Cluster)
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!