Lead Django Developer / Full Stack Engineer at ReadWorks
Jul 24, 2014
Winner of the 2014 SIIA CODiE award (recognizing excellence in the software & information industries) for Best Reading/English/ELL Instructional Solution, and the 2014 REVERE Award (from the Association of American Publishers) for best Supplemental Resource, Reading and Language Arts, the nonprofit ReadWorks (www.ReadWorks.org) is the leading early-stage venture in the United States for impacting teaching and learning in reading comprehension, using research-based curriculum and teacher guidance, delivered freely, within an innovative online model.
To complete our evolution from market disruptor to the most impactful entity in the world in improving literacy, we seek an ambitious candidate to lead all aspects of technical development.
This is a high-profile, founder level role. It is a rare opportunity to lead what is essentially a new, start-up technology product cycle, within a national market leader, with one of the largest and most loyal user bases in the market.
You will be responsible for deploying and quickly iterating full stack solutions for powering our Django web platform, providing teachers and students digital tools that will transform U.S. K-12 and global education. Specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Turning business requirements into usable software
- Architecting scalable and reliable systems
- Tackling problems spanning the stack from back-end services to front-end web apps
- Maintaining and debugging production applications
- Database administration
- Passionate about education and improving the lives of students
- Demonstrated ability to build innovative applications fast and with high quality
- Experience working with relational databases
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Autonomous and self-driven, able to take ownership of a feature from idea to production
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Opportunity to build great, innovative products with massive positive impact, changing the lives of tens of millions of educators, children, and parents - while fundamentally changing the EdTech, literacy, and education marketplaces
- Opportunity to engage with ReadWorks advisors, who are leading technology investors and product creators
- Salary competitive with private sector
- Excellent health and dental benefits
- Vibrant DUMBO Brooklyn, NY location
ReadWorks is committed to solving the nation’s reading comprehension crisis and closing the achievement gap. Supported by technology leaders in Silicon Valley and Silicon Alley, the NewSchools Venture Fund, and leading philanthropists, ReadWorks is an early-stage, mission-based non-profit, with the scale and reach of a dominant for-profit education leader. ReadWorks has an enormous amount of goodwill and potential energy among one of the largest and fastest growing user communities in the education market.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!