Python Backend Developer at PIE Mapping
May 21, 2013
PIE Mapping is a mapping consultancy looking for a Python backend developer to join our expanding team. We supply industry-leading mapping solutions for local authorities, freight operators and entertainment venues.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Helping to design and develop APIs to expose our data and services
- Working closely with the lead developer to develop new features
For this position you will need:
- At least one year experience as a backend developer
- Technical Requirements:
- Confident in Python development
- Knowledge of PHP will be beneficial
- Object Oriented Programming knowledge
- Developed understanding of frameworks (Django)
- SQLAlchemy and TastyPie knowledge will be beneficial
- Relational database experience: Postgresql
- Working with APIs: RESTful, JSON, XML
- Linux environment (SSH, file transfer, VIM)
- GIT and SVN
- Adhering to coding standards
- Developing high quality, well documented and easily maintained code
- Provide documentation, and ensure shared knowledge of solutions implemented
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Enthusiastic, flexible, reliable, capable of working alone or as part of a team and be able to demonstrate a genuine desire to learn
- GIS background would be advantageous although not essential
You will be working within a small team and therefore a "start-up" mentality is required.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!