Senior Software Developer, Back-End at MovableInk
- canada django jobs toronto django jobs
Jan 03, 2024
Movable Ink scales content personalization for marketers through data-activated content generation and AI decisioning. The world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to maximize revenue, simplify workflow and boost marketing agility. Headquartered in New York City with close to 600 employees, Movable Ink serves its global client base with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership, software design and implementation, and driving high-quality back-end system development. The role offers the opportunity for technical leadership, innovation, and impact through the development of sophisticated back-end systems, delivering value to the world’s biggest brands at an impressive scale. You will get to experience the joy of being a part of creating and delivering innovative and impactful products while doing what you love most–designing and writing code!
- Design and implement robust, scalable, and maintainable software that meet the organization's technical requirements and adhere to coding best practices
- Drive innovation by staying updated with the latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices, and applying them to improve software development processes, tools, and techniques
- Seek opportunities to optimize code, enhance performance, and improve system scalability and reliability
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements, align on technical solutions, and ensure seamless integration with other systems. Effectively communicate and coordinate with team members to ensure smooth delivery
- Have a deep understanding of Python programming language, including its syntax, libraries, and frameworks commonly used in back-end development (we use Flask, Django, and FastAPI)
- Demonstrate proficiency in back-end development concepts, including server-side architecture, APIs, databases, and authentication/authorization mechanisms
- Familiar with design and architectural pattern and best practices in software development; able to apply them to create scalable, maintainable, and modular software solutions
- Aspire to develop and enhance strong leadership abilities, aiming to effectively guide and motivate junior team members through mentorship and technical direction
- Expertise in working with databases, including designing and optimizing database schema, writing efficient database queries, and performing database administration tasks; familiar with popular databases used in Python back-end development (we use PostgreSQL with Django or SQLAlchemy)
- Experience writing and executing unit tests using testing frameworks in Python (we use pytest) to ensure code quality and maintainability
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex issues, identify root causes, and implement effective solutions; proficient in debugging and troubleshooting techniques to diagnose and resolve issues in production systems
- Having working knowledge of DevOps practices, such as continuous integration/continuous delivery and automated deployment (we use tools such as Docker and Kubernetes and host in Google Cloud Platform)
- Understand the importance of security in software development and knowledgeable about common security vulnerabilities and best practices to mitigate them
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and clients; able to articulate complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner, and provide technical guidance to non-technical stakeholders
The base pay range for this position is $160,000-$180,000 CAD/year, which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.
Studies have shown that women, communities of color, and historically underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture where all Inkers can thrive. If you’re excited about the role but don’t meet all of the abovementioned qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Our differences bring a breadth of knowledge and perspectives that makes us collectively stronger.
We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ethnicity, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, disability, Veteran status, or other protected characteristics. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: $160,000-$180,000 CAD/year
How to Apply
Apply with https://movableink.com/careers/5572599?gh_jid=5572599
Django is a registered trademark of the Django Software Foundation |
DjangoJobs is not associated with the Django Software Foundation