Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Sentilink
San Francisco,CA,United States
Jul 25, 2023
SentiLink is building the future of identity verification in the United States. The existing ways to determine if somebody is who they claim to be are too clunky, ineffective, and expensive, but we believe strongly that the future will be 10x better.
We’ve had tremendous traction and are growing extremely quickly. Already our real-time APIs have helped verify hundreds of millions of identities, beginning with financial services. In 2021, we raised a $70M Series B round, led by Craft Ventures to rapidly scale our best in class products. We’ve earned coverage and awards from TechCrunch, CNBC, Bloomberg, Forbes, Business Insider, PYMNTS, American Banker, LendIt, and have recently landed on the Forbes Fintech 50, 2023. Last but not least, we’ve even been a part of history--we were the first company to go live with the eCBSV and testified before the United States House of Representatives.
As a Sr. Infrastructure Engineer you’ll be responsible for the development of standards, processes, tooling, and systems that serve as the foundation of the SentiLink platform. We’re looking for someone driven towards improving the reliability and efficiency of our engineering teams. As a Sr.Infrastructure Engineer you’ll work closely with Engineering, Data Science, and Analytics teams to understand their needs and pain points, and to build systems and tools to improve their velocity, reliability, efficiency, and visibility. The optimal candidate will have a bias towards secure solutions that follow engineering best practice.
This is a remote, US-based role.
- Construct infrastructure as code, maintaining a vigilant focus on system security. Develop and enforce best practice across configurations while preventing drift between Terraform configurations and infrastructure deployments.
- Define infrastructure and software delivery pipelines, including build, test, and deployment across multiple environments (dev, sandbox, performance, and prod).
- Design infrastructure that enables Engineering, Data Science, and Analytics to rapidly perform software development and data processing.
- Implement monitoring tools, dashboards, and functionalities for a variety of services and operations across SentiLink’s infrastructure and software platform.
- Formulate strategies and execute solutions for cloud identity and access management.
- Collaborate with the SRE and security teams to maintain secure, up-to-date infrastructure in our cloud environment.
- Supervise and monitor platform costs, working cross-functionally to keep costs in line with corporate financial expectations.
- Oversee, develop, and operate Kubernetes and service mesh infrastructure, ensuring smooth performance and reliability.
- Investigate operational alerts, pinpoint root causes, and compile comprehensive root cause analysis reports. Pursue action items relentlessly until they are thoroughly completed.
- Conduct in-depth examinations of database-related operational issues, identifying necessary changes in configuration, schema, and architecture for improvement.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Familiarity with AWS cloud infrastructure, managing infrastructure as code, and cloud identity and access management
- Background in building secure container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience developing cloud networking infrastructure, including DNS, CDNs, load balancers, VPCs, subnets, and security groups
- Experience with scaling and migrating production systems with little to no downtime
- Experience managing observability platforms, building monitoring dashboards, and configuring high quality, actionable alerting
- Experience working on software delivery pipelines (CI/CD) and DevOps tooling a plus
- Experience operating enterprise-size databases (Postgres experience is a plus)
- Experience with Python or Golang is a plus
- Hands on with development and testing of distributed systems at scale is a big plus
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must live in the United States
- $140,000/year - $185,000/year
- Remote (or hybrid, if specified) work with home office stipend, and regular company-wide in-person events
- Lunch, coffee and snacks during the work day are fully reimbursable
- Employer paid group health insurance for you and your dependents
- . . . and other typical start-up benefits (e.g. 401(k) plan with employer match, flexible paid time off, etc.)
- Follow Through
- Deep Understanding
- Whatever It Takes
- Do Something Smart
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
How to Apply
This is a remote, US-based role.!
Apply with https://boards.greenhouse.io/sentilink/jobs/4042719007