Senior Python / Wagtail Developer at Torchbox
United Kingdom, Philippines
Dec 19, 2022
Total remuneration package: £54,056 - £83,295 per annum, pro rata.**
All salaries listed on our roles are based on UK salary bands, however if you’d like more information on the bands for your country give us a shout.
Torchbox is the digital partner for many of the best, most progressive organisations in the world. We’ve become the digital marketing specialists for many of the biggest charities in the UK; we build digital products for international NGOs, governments and universities; and we created the Wagtail CMS, used by Google, NASA, the NHS and thousands more.
This is a great time to join us. We were the first digital agency to become a 100% Employee Owned Trust, and became financially independent in July this year. This frees us to invest all our profits into our employees and make a positive impact on society.
We are looking for a Senior Python / Wagtail Developer to join our team!
Depending on your skills and interests some of the things you could find yourself doing in this role include:
- Working on innovative Django applications which facilitate strategic and business critical processes for our clients.
- Taking the lead on building web apps for our lovely, charity and public sector clients across the globe, implementing and improving our much loved open source Content Management System - Wagtail - an open source CMS that powers some of the biggest and most prestigious websites in the world.
- Working with the likes of gasman and tomdyson, who are members of the Django Software Foundation, as well as Wagtail legend kaedroho to improve Wagtail and augment the Wagtail vision for 2023; building new Wagtail features which may be funded by our largest clients.
- Working within a client’s engineering team mentoring, guiding and supporting them to get the most out of Wagtail for their organisation.
- Providing expert consulting to Wagtail Support clients.
- Providing technical leadership and vision to our clients.
- Supporting teams of developers within Torchbox.
- Working in a multidisciplinary team environment to explore and solve complex problems.
- Working on sprints focused on tech debt and code restructuring.
You’ll get to choose your own equipment (macOS/Linux laptop), as well as any software you’d like.
A successful Senior Python / Wagtail Developer will have the following technical skills:
- Demonstrable expertise in Python and Django web development
- Familiarity or expertise with Wagtail (desired but not essential and will determine how much Wagtail development you have in your role).
- Experience with Relational Database Systems (especially PostgreSQL), Docker/ Containerised deployments, RESTful APIs (e.g DRF), Gitlab/GitHub, CI and Testing
The successful candidate will also:
- Have experience as a technical lead on projects
- Have an understanding of, and confidently demonstrate, project management aspects (e.g agile development methodologies and backlog refinement ).
- Be confident in communicating with internal teams and clients to elicit clearly defined requirements and convert these into robust technical architecture.
- Produce high-quality technical specifications, documentations and be skilled at estimating the time required to build.
- Confidently contribute to testing strategies and providing high-quality user training.
- Be experienced in producing high-quality code to budget, whilst demonstrating commercial awareness.
- Confidently contribute technically towards pitches and proposals.
Have previous experience with helping to nurture a strong, happy team. In particular we would love it if you had experience in:
- Supporting your colleagues (teaching, coaching, line managing, mentoring, reviewing and improving code).
- Remaining up to date with technologies in your software field and sharing your knowledge.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to be a co-owner of Torchbox, shaping and sharing in our success. Be a partner, not just an employee. Our Voice Groups provide the chance to share your vision within Torchbox.
- The chance to work with our brilliant clients, making the world a better place
- Competitive salary with annual review, plus annual employee owners and performance bonuses
- Training and conference budget to accelerate your development.
- Flexible working hours; the option to work fully remotely, split your time between office and home, or choose to be in one of our offices fulltime, enabling you to work in a flexible way that best suits your needs.
- Free eye tests, flu jabs & shopping discounts
- Private health scheme and access to mental health support
- Ethical pension scheme, with a 5% contribution from Torchbox
- Wellness programme and cycle to work scheme, alongside other Torchbox offerings, good for both you and the environment.
- Regular virtual and in-person events, weekly veggie team lunch (when we’re in the office) & parties including our famous Torchfest
- 27 days holiday, plus public holidays.
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme (UK Only)
** This is made up of a base salary £43,875 - £69,300 and a bonus of £10,181 - £13,995. The bonus comprises a (tax free!) £3.6k EOT payment and a company profit share. The bonus is paid in two tranches. The profit share can be higher or lower based on company performance.
We particularly welcome neurodiverse individuals and applicants from ethnically diverse backgrounds that are under-represented groups in the creative and technology industries.
If you need any help completing the application form then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would prefer to apply by phone then give us a call on +44 (0) 1608 811 870
No agencies please.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: £54,056 - £83,295
How to Apply
Position is expired. Thanks for your interest.
Django is a registered trademark of the Django Software Foundation |
DjangoJobs is not associated with the Django Software Foundation