Director Of Engineering Salary $120k-200k at Plantbid
- react startup
St. Tammany Parish, LA
Nov 09, 2022
We are looking for an experienced, driven, and flexible Director of Engineering to join our proven and growing startup team.
This role will work together with every member of our small, close-knit team to build out our Product Engineering team and to build the next major evolution of our platform. This is a hybrid role that will combine some strategic thinking and leadership with some hands-on development work. You will manage the department's budget and have a lot of freedom to deploy that budget however you think will get the best results. We have a profit-sharing plan which means the more we grow, the more your bonus grows.
- We've bootstrapped our way to 8-digit revenue by building software to fix the purchasing process of the multi-billion dollar landscape industry.
- We're a profitable startup with a clear understanding of our growth potential and the technical roadmap needed to get there.
- We're a close-knit team of software engineers, sales people, and administrators who like what we do and like working with each other.
- Lead a small team of really good Engineers.
- Think about the big picture. Go beyond "just code" to understand and influence the whole business.
- Write great Python code.
- Apply critical thinking and creative problem solving to turn high-level feature descriptions, designs, and business needs into robust software.
- Be organized and self-starting so that we don't have to pester you about the state of your work.
- Experience leading a Software Engineering team.
- Experience designing system architecture for web applications.
- Experience with a server-side MVC framework (preferably Django, but others are good too).
- We put more weight on your past projects and accomplishments than on years of experience.
Nice to Have
- Experience developing e-commerce, CRM, ERP, accounting-- or similar-- software.
- Experience with frontend frameworks like React or Vue.
- Any other technical skills.
- $120k-200k base compensation depending on experience, role fit, and accomplishments.
- Profit-sharing bonus. If we're successful, you're successful.
- Health insurance plan (100% of employee's premium paid by the company).
- Lots of independence to create your own innovative solutions and drive your own personal growth.
- Small, nimble, collaborative, and focused.
- Focused on delivering tangible results frequently. We're not a place to hide and ride out your career.
- We're looking for someone who can be in our office (St. Tammany Parish, LA in the greater New Orleans metro area) some days each week to learn from our users. But you can also work from home some days.
Work Schedule: Full-time
How to Apply
Position is expired. Thanks for your interest.