Senior Django Developer at Protecht
Feb 18, 2022
Protecht is the InsurTech leader in the live events space, offering fully compliant protection products at scale while powering control for platforms and event organizers. We have designed our product suite to bridge the gap between the consumer experience and the current world of “non-refundable” events.
Protecht built a better experience for live events and has continued to connect insurers to platforms, marketplaces, and merchants worldwide. This connection allows us to simultaneously deploy a vast array of insurance solutions within the e-commerce experience across almost any vertical at a proven scale to handle billions of transactions. Our fully customizable Claims Framework, utilizing state-of-the-art data security, industry-best practices, a customer-focused UI/UX, streamlines the claims process for consumers and administrators.
We’re looking for a Sr. Django Developer with a strong background in the architecture & design of cloud-native systems built for scale. Ideal candidates should have experience designing and building event-driven microservices consumed by third-party developers. Candidates must be committed to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated test design, automation, and delivering high-quality products. Join us if you are excited about building products visible to millions of monthly active users, passionate about working with high-profile enterprise clients, and thrilled about high performance and excellent developer experience challenges.
- Design and develop APIs, microservices, and backend services that power apps and websites used by millions of users and process hundreds of millions of events each day
- Continuously improve the Protecht platform by devising new approaches to solve problems, refactoring, and optimizing services
- Participate in code reviews, enforcing standards and best practices
- Take part in Agile workflows (sprint planning, estimation, retrospectives, daily scrum)
- Grow your knowledge of excellent design principles and pragmatic programming approaches
- Demonstrable expert-level Python development experience on major consumer or enterprise products
- 5+ years of experience designing high-volume and building APIs and microservices
- Expertise in Django and Django REST framework, FastAPI, Flask, or other Python application frameworks
- Proficiency using database frameworks such as Django ORM or SQLAlchemy, working with both relational and NoSQL database systems including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, and DynamoDB
- Exposure to queuing & streaming technologies such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS, Kinesis, etc
- Solid understanding of scalability and performance optimization in distributed processing systems using multi-tiered caching
- Hands-on experience using serverless AWS technologies, including Lambda, Step Functions, Fargate, etc.
- Knowledge of testing, profiling, and debugging practices
- Experience taking end-to-end ownership of your code from requirements and analysis to testing through deployment
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic about collaborative problem solving
- BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing event-driven architectures
- Experience with payment technology such as Stripe, Cybersource, Braintree
- Participation in open source communities
- Experience working with JWT Authentication
- Experience working on a remote team
At Protecht, we strive to continuously build and refine disruptive technologies for our clients, who range from local businesses to publicly traded companies. We are concert-goers, weekend warriors, and entertainment enthusiasts: A company truly built by fans, for fans.
You’ll also get to enjoy the following sweet perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Fully Remote Developer Experience
- Flexible Hours
- Live Event Reimbursement (up to $1200 a year!)
- Medical Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO
- Fun Company Sponsored Events
Work Schedule: Full-time
How to Apply
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.