Senior Django Developer at August
Jan 17, 2022
August is a Toronto-based boutique digital studio that's obsessed with creative design, technology, and how the two can intersect to create amazing results. August is about people. Our partners, our clients and our team make up the lifeblood of our company. We value personal accountability, encourage open, critical thinking and embrace diversity. Most importantly we're interested in how technology can solve the challenges they face.
We help clients across industries adapt and excel in the digital era by offering innovative solutions to challenges across web, mobile, and emerging platforms. Our clients and projects range in scope, industry and size but our commitment to deliver digital solutions that address our customers' needs is a constant.
The Role August is hiring a Django Developer to join our growing team. As an integral part of the technical team, S/He will collaborate with a small team of developers and designers, along with the support and direction of the Technical Lead and Project Manager to build great products for our clients.
- Work with project manager or product owner to meet specification needs
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to optimize code
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- Design overall architecture of web applications.
- Handle responsive design, accessibility and mobile requirements, leveraging best practices and modern frameworks.
- Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/integration tests to drive up code coverage, automation metrics, security and data protection
- Interact with business partners, teammates, internal users and external users regarding cost estimations, timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure support both pre- and post-production
- Utilize disciplined coding practices and concepts to enable agility and delivery of high-quality code that is maintainable and reusable
- Update progress daily through Project Management tracking tool (ex. Jira) or Kanban/Agile board.
- Experience (8+ years) in software development, computer engineering, or other related fields
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experienced (3+ years) with Python and the Django framework is a MUST HAVE
- Experience (at least 3 years) with ReactJS or at least one front-end framework
- Development experience for both desktop and responsive web
- Knowledge of Circle CI and GIit code versioning
- Experience (5+ years) building on WordPress (nice to have)
- Engagement and exposure to the full software development life cycle
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Full Benefits (health, dental, life)
- Company Events
- Remote Work
- Flexible Time off Policy
Please include portfolio link and github repo.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: 75,000 - 90,000
How to Apply
Position fulfilled. Thanks for your interest.