Senior Python Engineer at Genesys
May 25, 2021
- Genesys Cloud hosts thousands of customer organizations with hundreds of thousands of users, and we’re growing exponentially! The Genesys Cloud Core Platform Team develops and maintains the microservices that provide the core functionality of the platform, and our rapid growth means we need to grow the team. We take security and stability seriously, so we're looking for someone who is committed to high standards of data protection and privacy, who knows how to build rock-solid infrastructure, and who can work with other dev teams to deliver new features that delight customers.
(This role is open to remote candidates located in the Republic of Ireland).
- Develop and deploy highly available, fault-tolerant software that will help drive improvements towards the features, reliability, performance, and efficiency of the PureCloud platform.
- Work with development partners to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability.
- Design and implement major changes and new features.
- Identify bottlenecks and problems throughout the infrastructure.
- Actively review code, mentor junior development staff, and provide peer feedback.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to identify and resolve pain points as well as evangelize best practices.
- Troubleshoot production issues and come up with solutions as required.
- Understand & comply with PCI, HIPAA security and privacy laws.
- Experience developing web applications using Django, DRF, aiohttp, flask, or other Python frameworks.
- An understanding of when and how to optimize web applications.
- Experience with creating and using REST APIs.
- Experience developing / managing / working with CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong understanding of Linux, AWS, and networking concepts.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open-source tools and development languages.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related work experience.
Some of the benefits of working with us:
- Flexible work schedules and work from home options.
- Development and career growth opportunities.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- Bonus scheme.
- Health Insurance.
- Income Protection & Life Assurance.
- Safety for our employees and our communities is a key priority for Genesys. We continue to experience rapid growth during the Covid-19 pandemic and are conducting remote hiring and onboarding processes. All hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted remotely at this time. We utilize Zoom video meetings and phone calls during the interview process. We will be working remotely through at least June 30, 2021, in most locations, and we are re-evaluating the opening date of all the Genesys offices on an ongoing basis.
Every year, Genesys® delivers more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries. Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects every customer moment across marketing, sales, and service on any channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys pioneered Experience as a ServiceSM so organizations of any size can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy, and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys CloudTM, an all-in-one solution and the world’s leading public cloud contact center platform, designed for rapid innovation, scalability, and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.