Senior Frontend Developer at thelab
New York City,NY,United States
Apr 09, 2021
We are looking for an experienced front-end web developer to work with our client’s e-commerce business. The ideal candidate would have experience working closely with designers and large frontend codebases (sass, JS frameworks, package managers). We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and is able to work with a team early on in a project, plan and identify requirements, see a project through to completion, and mentor junior members of the team along the way.
We will be
An awesome place for you to grow and learn. We stay open-minded about ideas and make sure our technology is always up-to-date because we believe the best work gets made when we evolve our skills together. thelab is large enough to get an amazing variety of work but small enough to stay flexible and work with smaller brands and startups too—we even have a few products of our own. You’ll work on a lot of different kinds of projects, and you’ll do it with reasonable timelines, surrounded by an inclusive community who wants to see you succeed (no brogrammers, please!). And you’ll generally finish your day with plenty of time left over to meet your friends for a drink—or grab one with your new team.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment—no lone wolf mentalities!
- Experienced in leading teams and mentoring people
- Not afraid to fail and always looking to learn from those failures
- Able to understand different approaches and comfortable learning/using both newer and older tech when it’s a better fit
- Able to develop web functionality in TypeScript and SASS
- Able to lead complex single-page web applications with front-end frameworks, such as Angular/React/etc, and Node. A leader in architecture decisions like state management and server-side rendering.
- Able to work with APIs and have a high-level understanding of how frontends and backends interact
- Able to prototype solutions with a design that can eventually scale to larger solutions
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables occurring concurrently during a sprint
- Experience in collaborating with a design team to create great user experiences including complex styling and animation
- Looking to work on a diverse team because you enjoy hearing different opinions and ideas
Nice to haves (Not required)
- Preference of command-line interfaces over graphical
- Knowledge of running dev environments through Docker
- Experience working in open source community and contributing changes
- Keeping up to date with the latest design tooling, such as Sketch and Avocode
- Experience in e-commerce
- Knowledge of server-side rendering techniques in Node
- Python and Django experience
- Experience with large scale Angular applications
- Experience with large scale React applications
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: $100,000 to $120,000
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!