Senior Backend Developer at thelab
New York City,NY,United States
Apr 09, 2021
We will be
An awesome place for you to grow and learn. We stay open-minded about ideas and make sure our technology is always up-to-date because we believe the best work gets made when we evolve our skills together. thelab is large enough to get an amazing variety of work but small enough to stay flexible and work with smaller brands and startups too—we even have a few products of our own. You’ll work on a lot of different kinds of projects, and you’ll do it with reasonable timelines, surrounded by an inclusive community who wants to see you succeed (no brogrammers, please!). And you’ll generally finish your day with plenty of time left over to meet your friends for a drink—or grab one with your new team.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment—no lone wolf mentalities!
- Experienced in leading teams and mentoring people
- Not afraid to fail and always looking to learn from those failures
- Able to understand different approaches and comfortable learning/using both newer and older tech when it’s a better fit
- Develop server-side functionality in Python
- Deploy and manage web services using Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform, and Ansible
- Manage multiple projects and deliverables occurring concurrently during a sprint
- Implementation of backend functionality on Django e-commerce websites as well as a few microservices in Django, Flask, and Node
- Comfortable supporting frontend team. Not afraid to get involved with Typescript when needed.
- Comfortable sharing code between projects with open source and private modules
- Experienced in best practices like git-flow and test-driven development
- Looking to work on a diverse team because you enjoy hearing different opinions and ideas
Nice to haves (Not required)
- Experience working in open source community and contributing changes
- Experience in e-commerce
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: $120,000 to $150,000
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.