Senior Software Engineer at Pivot Bio
Mar 10, 2021
Location - Flexible
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on OneZero or CNN.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Pivot Bio quantifies the impact of its products through advanced measurement and analytics across the lab, greenhouse, and field. We are scaling quickly especially around GIS and bioinformatics data ingestion and processing. To do this our team relies on test driven development, configuration management, and cloud technologies to the produce quality software that our scientists need. We support both classic web technology stacks as well as custom computation pipelines.
You would be expected to:
- Be instrumental in designing architecture, prototyping, and implementation of solutions.
- Work with other Software Engineers to scale out our application infrastructure and determine long-term strategies and goals.
- Provide guidance and support to the bioinformatics team to develop more automated batch processing infrastructure.
- Integrate several new data sources into our data warehousing infrastructure
- 8+ years demonstrated experience using Python to build applications in a web or scientific environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of DevOps best practices using cloud technologies and ability to communicate those ideas to people of differing backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Strong proponent of TDD and comfort working in an Agile development environment
- Scientific background and/or 3+ years professional experience in Life Sciences R&D software development
*Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What we offer:
- Competitive package in an early-stage, disruptive startup
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.