Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer at Pivot Bio
Mar 10, 2021
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on OneZero or CNN.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
The Pivot Bio quantifies the impact of its products through advanced measurement and analytics across the lab, greenhouse, and field. We are scaling quickly especially around GIS and bioinformatics data ingestion and processing. Our team relies on CI, Ansible for configuration management, and cloud technologies to run a mix of virtual and containerized environments. We support both classic web technology stacks as well as custom computation pipelines.
- Work with Software Engineers to scale out our cloud infrastructure and determine long-term strategies and goals.
- Provide guidance and support to the bioinformatics team to develop more automated batch processing infrastructure.
- Work with the IT team to integrate networks and provide support for shared infrastructure.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience using a configuration management tool to manage cloud environments at scale.-
- 1+ years demonstrated experience using Python or similar dynamic languages (Ruby,Node.js).
- Demonstrable understanding of DevOps best practices and ability to communicate those ideas to people of differing backgrounds.
- Experience building batch processing pipelines or managing high performance computing environments.
*Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What we offer:
- Competitive package in an early-stage, disruptive startup
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
How to Apply
Position is expired. Thanks for your interest.
Django is a registered trademark of the Django Software Foundation |
DjangoJobs is not associated with the Django Software Foundation