Senior Front-End Software Engineer at Pivot Bio
Mar 10, 2021
Location - Flexible
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on OneZero or CNN.
Position: Senior Front-End Software Engineer.
Pivot Bio quantifies the impact of its products through advanced measurement and analytics. Field trials across the USA are used by Pivot to help test the effectiveness of our product and large GIS datasets are collected as part of that effort. This data is ingested into our internal database, where it needs to be retrieved by data scientists and researchers for numerous types of analyses. The successful candidate will develop standard applications for researchers to access data in the format they need, visualization modules that support common analyses, and appropriate documentation to facilitate use of the tools.
- Develop front-end tools for manipulating and visualizing GIS data to empower our data scientists and agronomists.
- Provide guidance on front-end tooling ranging from design systems to package management to help our software team make wise architectural decisions.
- Help design and implement visually accessible tools for general data acquisition and presentation.
- Work with data scientists to build dashboards and triage issues with the browser and API.
- Work with requirements analysts, software engineers, and stakeholders to provide wire-frames and design documents as needed.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience using test driven development to build browser based tools.
- 1+ years demonstrated experience using Python or similar dynamic languages (Ruby,Node.js) to build APIs or process data.
- Previous professional experience building GIS applications or similar highly interactive experiences including business intelligence tools or browser based games.
- Ability to understand the needs of others and clearly explain ideas
- Strong ability to work independently and ask good questions.
*Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What we offer:
- Competitive package in an early-stage, disruptive startup
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team
Work Schedule: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Position is expired.Thanks for your interest.
Interested in this job? Get in touch!